Brett Coley, B. Comm., AACI
Brett obtained a Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Distinction from the University of Alberta in 2005, with a major in International Business and minor in Finance. Thereafter, he entered the appraisal industry and has since obtained a Diploma in Urban Land Economics from the University of British Columbia and achieved the AACI, P.App., designation from the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Brett has been with Gettel Appraisals since 2015 and became a partner with the firm in 2018.
Brett has over 15 years of industry experience conducting appraisals and related tasks, being involved in consulting assignments, and providing expert opinion evidence on properties across Alberta and in Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. He has extensive experience in industrial, commercial, residential, agricultural, investment, and special use real estate sectors completing assignments for purposes including financing, litigation, expropriation, surface rights, estate settlement, lease negotiation, foreclosure, fire insurance and various internal decision making processes.
- AACI, Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute
- Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
- Licensed with the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
- Member of the Alberta Expropriation Association (AEA)
- Diploma in Urban Land Economics, UBC
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta
- Currently sits on the AEA Executive Committee
- Speaking engagements include:
- Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Alberta Expropriation Association